Northumberland Day at Langley - Saturday 26th May
Northumberland Day is an initiative which was launched and championed by Langley Castle Hotel, and which was realised thanks to the support of passionate Northumbrians, from all walks of life, who helped bring it to fruition. Its ethos is to generate pride in everything Northumbrian, past and present, from culture, heritage and arts and crafts, to food and drink, landscape and sporting and community life.
Saturday 26th May 2018 - 11am until 4pm
We will be staging our 2nd Northumberland Day event with another fabulous line-up of things to do, see, hear, eat and revel in.
The Time Bandits will be back, but this time re-enacting the historical event of The Hexham Massacre of 1761, with period costumes, noise and lots of insight.
We anticipate the itinerary for the Time Bandits to be:
11.00 a.m. - Musket drill;
12.00 p.m. - The Hexham Massacre of 1761 – interactive story telling;
14.00 p.m. - Musket Drill;
15.00 p.m. - Hexham Massacre;
16.00 p.m. - Event closes.
(Times are subject to change)
Throughout the Day:
- 11.00 am - 4.00 pm - There will be falconry displays from Falconry Days: The birds will be on display and there will be an opportunity to watch them fly - this is great opportunity to see these magnificent birds up close.
- 11.00 am - 1.00 pm - Meanwhile, Kevin Robson of Wild Dog Outdoors will be giving people guided tours of the battlements. He will be joined by a talented young man called Jack Famelton who will play the Northumbrian small pipes for your enjoyment.
- 11.00 am - 4.00 pm - There will also be Wild West activities at a play tent run by Children’s Centre West.
- 11.00 am - 4.00 pm - Arts and crafts stalls will also be set up at Langley including to see the work of hugely talented fused-glass artist, Helen Grierson, the designer of Northumberland Day’s ‘Northumbie Awards’! Also Chantelle Wilson (artist) will be providing event attendees with some exquisite items to see and potentially purchase.
- 11.00 am - 4.00 pm - Food and Drink stallholders will include, The Northumberland Honey Company, The Northumberland Cheese Company and the Twice Brewed Brew House.
- 11.00 am - 4.00 pm - We will have medieval stocks for photograph opportunities.
- 11.00 am - 4.00 pm - We also have the Sunshine Panners playing throughout the day.
1.00 pm - Following on from last year’s reveal of the World’s Biggest Stottie, Langley will be staging another ‘foodie’ reveal for 2018! Don’t miss it!
We will also be holding a raffle on the day, with all proceeds going to the Great North Air Ambulance - the lucky winner will receive a voucher for an overnight stay for two at the Castle, with breakfast & dinner also included.
Attendance is free and there will be food on-sale both inside and outside the castle.
This promises to be a fun filled day for all of the family. Please note that it is an OUTDOOR EVENT, so would advise that you come prepared for the ever changing British weather! We also recommend you bring picnic blankets and/or camping chairs so that you can laze at your leisure.
We really hope to see you there!!