The Tindale Room
- Window step set into 7 ft walls
- Queen size four poster bed
History of the name
The Barony of Langley dates back some 200 years before the Castle was built when it was owned by the Tindall Family.
In 1165 Adam de Tindall paid one Mark, in lieu of his one Knight's feudal fee and, in later life used his wealth generously to help the town of Hexham and its Priory.
When Adam de Tindall died in 1181, his son also named Adam, inherited the Barony.