Dog Friendly Hotel and Accommodation
Dogs and their companions can enjoy a wonderful dog friendly break in Northumberland, which comes with the true bow-wow factor at dog friendly hotel, Langley Castle.
A luxury dog friendly holiday is assured, as we are a castle hotel that not only allows dogs to stay but also makes a real fuss of them, as one of the truly dog friendliest hotels in Britain.
Anyone wishing to enjoy a dog friendly staycation or weekend getaway can treat their four-legged friend to a ‘Poochy Déjeuner’ dog friendly stay. This provides a soft doggy bed for the night, a water bowl and a food treat.
Dogs are welcome in specific rooms in Castle View, which are subject to availability. In order for us to allocate you the correct room and to provide 'dog comforts', we kindly ask that you call the Castle directly to make your reservation.
Dogs are not pertmitted in the main Castle bedrooms or restaurants.
We will provide a water bowl, soft bed and a treat for your dog - The cost per night is £20.00
Pooches are welcome in this dog-friendly hotel – whether for a staycation or a Northumberland wedding. We never had a dog that smoked in bed and set fire to the blankets. We never had a dog that stole our towels and played the TV too loud or had a noisy fight with a travelling companion. We never had a dog that got drunk and broke the furniture. So if your dog can vouch for you... you are welcome too!
Northumberland dog-friendly walks
- Langley grounds – Yes, you don’t need to travel far to have an enjoyable walk with your dog. There are plenty of interesting smells for your four-legged companion to sniff around our dog-friendly hotel. From bluebell and wild garlic aromas near the Woodland Wedding grove to the scent of our resident peacocks, your pooch will have a marvellous time exploring new smells.
- Sycamore Gap– Sycamore Gap is famous among wannabe photographers for its majestic, solitary tree. It is arguably the most recognisable one in the whole of Northumberland. Which critter calls trees their home? Squirrels, of course! And we all know that dogs enjoy a run about chasing their little friends. Make sure, though, that it just stays a game!
- Bamburgh beach – Not only is Bamburgh Castle one of Northumberland’s most loved landmarks, but it also overlooks a glorious golden beach. Take your pooch off their lead and allow them to splash and run free along the shore.
- Dunstanburgh Castle – Take your waggy-tailed friend to the fishing village of Craster and enjoy a coastal walk to the ruins of Dunstanburgh Castle. There will be plenty of opportunities for spooky pictures! The walk will also take you through open farmland, where your pooch can tire themselves out with a glorious run.
- Shepherds Cairn – This is a great countryside route for you and your friend. Reaching an elevation of about 1,000 feet, it has a large variety of landscapes. From high grass and water to woodlands, it will make for a memorable day out for pup and owner.
- Newton Pool – Newton Pool is an ideal walk for young doggies. It is a lovely nature reserve with splendid coastal views and plenty of birds. Keep your pooch on a lead and allow them to make friends with the wildlife.
A non-refundable deposit of £50 is required to confirm any reservation.
If a room needs to be cancelled, please advise the Castle at the earliest opportunity.
If the room is cancelled within 48 hours of the date or in the event of a no-show, then the full cost of the first night may be incurred as a cancellation charge.